From architectural plans and design, through planning applications to building project management – we can do it all
NJC Services can be your partner from concept to finished product on both residential and commercial building projects. This includes:
- Full architectural plans service
- Structural sketch designs and calculations
- Submission and management of planning applications
- Submission and management of planning applications for change of use
Each commission / appointment is bespoke and suited to each client’s requirements subject to the scope and nature of the building work required. As you prefer, we can do one or more of the stages.
NJC Services offer a full architectural plans service from inception of a project to completion for extensions, adaptations, roof conversions and new build for both private and commercial clients. Initially our design/ architectural plans package will include:
- Site visit and discuss requirements including a full measured survey
- Initial feasibility and sketch schemes
- Initial architectural design
- Detailed architectural plans design
- Submission of your Planning application, Notices, Certificates etc
- Building Regulation design and application, which is done as a separate package at a later date
- Lease plans
Furthermore we can also advise on ancillary detailing such as:
- Car parking
- Amenity space
- Dustbin enclosures, etc.
In addition to the planning aspect there are other features to consider, including:
- Structural elements
- Fire-resisting components
- Compartmental walls and floors
- Sound proofing
- Heat conservation
We are very mindful that owners and companies will require these to be dealt with, not just with safety in mind, but also taking into account economy of construction materials and methods.
If you are looking for an architectural plans service, please contact us today.
NJC can provide structural design sketches and calculations alongside our architectural plans or as a separate project on behalf of other consultants.
Generally our role would consist of:
- Reviewing the current drawings
- Site visit, meeting to discuss your requirements
- Preparing calculations and sketch designs
If you need structural design or calculations, please contact us today.
We can submit planning applications for large to very small projects covering:
- New build
- Loft conversions
- Flat conversions/alterations
- Change of use
The planning applications submission also includes:
- Signing the correct certificates
- Design and access statement – if required
- Sustainability report – if required
- Flood risk assessments
- Any other information that may be relevant
The larger the proposal generally the more information you have to provide. We would need to notify the Freeholder(s) under Article 6 on your behalf, where needed. Pre-application packages can be prepared on your behalf, if required.
All the relevant planning drawings are prepared and we liaise direct with the Planning Department on your behalf. We find it important to speak with the planners prior to them making any formal decisions. On larger projects we would normally seek a meeting at the planning department. The general order of works is as follows;
- Measured survey
- Planning Drawings
- Completion of forms
- Service of notices
- Planning submission
- Planning negotiations
- Planning conditions and dealing with any client minor amendments affecting planning
We would then obtain the various permissions and statutory approvals required before the building works can proceed.
If you need help with one or more planning applications, please contact us today.
If you are considering changing the use of the property it is likely that you will need to make use of a planning applications service and obtain change of use consent.
There are many changes of use which require planning permission, the most common being:
- Conversion of larger single family houses into self contained flats
- Change of use for Business Class Uses
As an example, for Class A3 the Council will require details of extractor ducting to dispose of odours from the cooking facilities in the kitchens, and these details are usually included on our plans as part of the planning application.
Further information may also be required if the property is within a Conservation Area and is a listed building.
We can also include alterations to the shop front if that is proposed, and these can all be incorporated into one application with a saving on both planning application fees to the Council and on architectural fees.
Change of use planning applications can never be submitted as outline applications.
We have carried out a large number of ‘change of use’ applications for businesses and can assist you.
In May 2013 the Government amended legislation to allow for offices to be converted to residential homes without having to apply for full planning permission.
The prior approval process will still need to consider the key issues such as transport, contamination and flooding issues. Bear in mind Councils can still refuse the application on these grounds.
If you need help with change of use planning applications, please contact us today.
Highly Professional Architectural Plans Service
We have been working with NJC for many years now and they have never let us down. With expert guidance, skillful advice and great communication even within the most challenging of architectural plans or planning application projects.
I could not recommend them highly enough for a wide range of services they offer.
Well done Nick and the team.
The company is responsive and easy to deal with
We have used Nick and NJC Services for some time now for architectural plans and building surveys and we have no hesitation in recommending the company to our clients as building surveyors.
The company is responsive and easy to deal with, which is ultimately what our clients want.
- A building surveyors report for an informed decision
- Combining two retail units under 8 flats required our party wall surveyor services
- Cladding refurbishment for six-storey art deco building in London
- House refurbishment, loft conversion, two-storey side and rear extension
- Office refurbishment: from concept to completion
- Small property repair in London conservation area